Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Realization (Part 3)

What it all boils down to is this:

Either you are interested in me and what I have to say or you're not.

No matter what font size and color I use, it all boils down to whether you want to connect with me, and for me to connect with you.

All of the things I'm reading about blogging and the countless number of blogs online used to be depressing, until my realization today. 

I'm realizing that God Himself listens to every person that comes to Him honestly, as it is written,
"The LORD is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth."

What gets God's attention?
Two things:
1.  When we WANT His attention.
2.  When we come to Him honestly.

But isn't this what gets our attention?
Don't we turn and look when we hear someone call our name?
Don't we pay attention to those who are raw, whether their rawness is good or bad?

I'm focused on babies or iconic celebrities as examples, how they come at us raw and in the moment, simply as they are. 

There is not, and never will be, another Michael Jackson.
There is not, and never will be, another Atticus Howard; he alone is my seventh child.
And there is not, and never will be, another you or me.

Because I'm on God's mind, and because I have His attention, I'm going to assume my realization from now on.

I'm going to assume that if I'm worth God's time and attention, I'm worth yours, and you're worth mine.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment