Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Only Hope For the Black Community (What I learned at Morehouse Colledge: Part 4)


What does all of this have to do with the only hope for the Black community? 


For me, years after Morehouse, though I'm again a "minority" in many situations, I no longer see myself as a minority at all.  The world is not a white world where all of the imaginary people in my head are white. I see my people as God's reflections all over America and the world.  But I also see them as God's people, who reflect Him in so many ways that it can only be expressed in the Kingdom of God.


THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY IS TO TAKE IT'S PLACE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD. 


In God's kingdom we will all be who we are ethnically.  We won't become hazy spirits with no history or physical distinction.  I will be just as African in heaven.  Jesus is just as Jewish there as He was here.  I no longer focus on "the black community" in the way I used to at Morehouse.  Because in heaven there will still be nations, ethnicities, and cultures.  But they will all be made one, in union with the Son, under the rule of His kingdom.  Heaven will not be segregated. But it won't be America either. It won't be a "melting pot" where there is no room for "hyphenated heavenly citizens."  In fact, I believe we'll be even MORE ethnically distinct in God's Kingdom  than we are right now on earth. 




Until then, let God's kingdom come.  Let God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven, for my people the Africans, God's people, for whom Christ died.

No comments:

Post a Comment