Thursday, February 13, 2014

Meeting with God: What I learned from Salli and Lucy

Now Moses used to take a tent and pitch it outside the camp some distance away, calling it the "tent of meeting."  Anyone inquiring of the LORD would go to the tent of meeting outside the camp.  Exodus 33:7

SALLI
I had a date, a meeting with Salli.  I went to the lower level of Rick's Bar in Key West, where the pizza restaurant is.  I sat at a table...and waited.  I didn't have a book or a cell phone or ipad.  I didn't order any food.  I just sat...waiting for Salli.  That's why I was there.  It was obvious I was waiting for someone who may or may not show up.  She did...finally...with her dog.  Now it occurred to me that anyone watching her would not have known obviously that she was coming to see me.  If I was there, and she happened to pass by....while walking her dog...great!  But if I DIDN'T SHOW UP, oh well....Salli was just out...walking her dog.

LUCY
I had a date, a meeting with Lucy.  I stood by the pole right in front of Denny's on Duval Street in Key West.  I stood...and waited.  I didn't have a book, or a cell phone...or a dog. I just stood there, obviously waiting for Lucy, who may or may not show up.  She did, with no dog or cell phone conversation she interrupts to talk to me, whom she just "happened" to see at Denny's.  I was waiting for Lucy.  Lucy was coming to see me.  It was obvious.  Perhaps not as obvious with Lucy...after all, who knows why she was walking towards Denny's.  But it became obvious when she saw me and I saw her.  We planned to meet with each other.  This was our only and obvious purpose.
(click HERE for part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment