Sunday, February 9, 2014

WHERE IS THE SPIRIT IN YOUR LIFE? (PART 1)

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 
2 Corinthians 3:17



When you go to church, or meet at a home for a prayer meeting, or when you meet another believer in Christ for the first time, how do you know the Spirit of God is with you?  You know by perfect freedom.  Where is the Spirit in your life?  He's where there is perfect freedom for God, for all people, and for you.

WHERE THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS, THERE IS FREEDOM FOR GOD
God is free.  This should be obvious, but we treat Him like our prayer slaves.  I know I've done it.  I put together what I consider to be the "perfect prayer."  I pray according "guaranteed scriptures" that I know are God's will, and that God just has to answer.  If it agrees with scripture and plain reason, and my motive is God's glory, why wouldn't He give me what I ask?  Especially if I can find a promise in scripture, right?  Why wouldn't I get what I ask for? 

Because God is free.  Free to say yes or no to my prayer.  Could any one pray more perfectly than Jesus Christ?  Yet God did not grant Jesus' request for the cup of suffering to pass from Him before He died on the cross.  And we know that Jesus agreed with God's denial because Jesus wanted God's will to be done above His own.  Jesus accepted the truth that God is free.  Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom for God, as it is written,

"The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths."  Psalms 135:6

 

click HERE for part 2

(image from healthwellness360.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment