Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Is Your Faith Real? (Part 3)

In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:10


Have you ever had surgery, or been put under anesthesia? If there is a moment that your life is in someone's hands, it's then.  You are totally at the mercy of the doctor. 




But this state is the Christian life.  Not just in tragedy.  In reality.




As believers we by definition must believe God to bring about His will and glory in our lives. 
I know this for myself.


I'm in Key West Florida because God wills it.  How do I know?  There came a point where my wife and my first born son had to move out of the apartment we were in.  It was going to be condemned.  We had to go.  So at this point I ask God to show us His will:  Key West or somewhere else.  During this time a new apartment complex was being built.  A lottery was being done to determine who would live in these nice affordable brand new apartments.  So I prayed, "God, if you want us here, then pick us in the lottery."




Over 300 people put in numbers.  We were number 14. 


I then prayed for the job God wanted me to have and received God's promise that I would indeed receive the job for which I was applying.  He told me the process by which I would get the job, and sure enough, God's word came to pass.




Since then, numerous doors have opened and closed, and God has delivered me from trials and troubles so obviously that I know He is with me.  Looking back over my life I see how dependent on Him I really am.




Do you see the same as you think back over your Christian life?  Do you see that you couldn't be where you are if it wasn't for God?






No comments:

Post a Comment