Saturday, February 22, 2014

How To Be Holy (Part 1)

Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the LORD your God.  Leviticus 20:7


You bought a clear, tall, and beautiful glass and placed it on a clear small plate.  You washed it thoroughly and put it in a high cabinet, separating it from every other dish.  You only use this cup and plate to honor the Lord's death until He comes.  Communion.  Exclusively.


Whether you both are rich or poor, healthy or sick, happy or sad, you looked into his eyes and forsook all others for him.  He is now your lawfully wedded husband, and you are now his lawfully wedded wife.


One night, at the end of what he thought was the essence and meaning of his life, Joe realized that he had nothing and no one left.  He lay on the floor, utterly alone.  Miserably lonely.  Only the Presence is with him, the God who made him, the Lord who is saving him from suicidal dreams.  The Spirit lets him know that Joe had come to Him only as a last resort...but that He welcomed Joe none the less... Jesus loved Joe.


Joe sat up and raised his hands in total heart felt surrender.


"Jesus, I give myself to you from now on; I belong to You alone.  I do this because You are my Creator; You rightly own me and define me and should determine my actions.  I present myself to You as Your slave to obey You. From now on, I'm Your slave.  I will obey you.  Lord Jesus, command me by Your Spirit, so that I can obey my first command as Your slave."


"Call  Tanya and break up with her.  Tell her you now belong to God, and that you can't be her boyfriend  because she rejects Me"


"Tanya, it's me."
"Hey.  Why are you calling so early?"
"I'm calling to break up with you Tanya."
"What!?  Why?"
"I just gave myself once and for all to the Lord.  You don't believe He exists, so we can't be together."
"So you're giving me an ultimatum?"
"Not at all, Tanya. I love you deeply; this is the hardest thing I've ever have to do..."
"Whatever Joe.  Have a nice life, and thanks for nothing."


Tanya hangs up.


Joe you gave yourself to Me, and now you are Mine.  I am the One who is without beginning or end, Your Creator.  The Creator.  Now that you have willingly given yourself to Me,  I also willingly give Myself to you.  I am yours.  You are Mine.  We are one.  You are my son and I am Your Father. I'm very happy with you.


click here for part 2




No comments:

Post a Comment