Monday, February 24, 2014

To Lucy With Love


For God created (your) inmost being; He knit (you) together in (your) mother’s womb.
From Psalms 139:13


To really know you is sacred, to see you created.
Joining in a plan that began before all of creation,
Your salvation
Your dedication
To the One
Who knows you
In ways beyond
Anyone.


In awe,
I get glimpses.
Secret sights.


Of all the visions
In our union,
The ones that bring me
Into the Holy
Are when we begin,
Just us two,
Waiting for one,
Inside of you,
From inside me,
Brought to me by God.


At those times, though
I've been there,
There is always a moment
When It's God and You alone.


Then I stand in awe,
Honored to watch Him and
You make it through the pain
Of one who must now leave the warmth
Of your womb and enter the cold light of this world.


Though I wasn't there when you left warmth and entered cold,
I'm here now, seeing you, God's daughter. 
Thank you God for letting me see Lucy.
Thank you Lucy, for letting me see you.



No comments:

Post a Comment